Friday, July 19, 2013

How to make a Geoboard!

I was going through my workshop journal from a journaling workshop several years ago and I ran across the Geoboard page. This is a great idea, but I haven't used Geoboards in my classroom. This is very easy and the idea can be used elsewhere.

Materials needed:

  • print a grid of desired measure onto cardstock (I was given 1 in. squares)
  • push brads
  • string

Decide first if you want this to be a removable tool from the journal or not. If you decide on removable, I would suggest making a pocket to store the Geoboard in.

Next, push the brads through each point of intersection or your desired scaling on the grid paper. Then glue a second piece of cardstock to the back to secure the brads.

I made a separate small pocket for the string.

My Geoboard in the picture is just a sample from a workshop. I have no experiences to reference for it, but I think it is a great idea.